The Vietnamese Community Assistance Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization and qualifies for the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit. 

Q: Who do I contact to learn about VCAF?

A: You can contact the President of the Vietnamese Community- Dr. Phuong Nguyen (623-455-1980)

Q: When can I donate my money to VCAF?


A: Jan 1st, 2020 through April 15, 2020. Our QCO certification with the state of Arizona is effective starting Jan 1, 2020.


Q: How does the tax credit work? 

A: Here are some general guidelines for using the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit. Please consult your tax advisor for advice on your specific tax situation.

  • The gift must be made by an individual (corporations, foundations, partnerships, etc. do not qualify).

  • The gift must be made in cash (in-kind donations such as toys, books and services do not qualify).

  • The maximum credit allowed for single taxpayers or heads of households is $400,. For joint taxpayers, the maximum credit is $800.


Q: Can I still make use of the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit despite changes to federal tax law?

A: Yes, the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit is still in effect! You can still claim the Charitable Tax Credit on your state tax returns.


Q: How do I file for the Charitable Tax Credit? 

A: The tax credit is available regardless of whether you itemize your taxes or not. Use Arizona Form 321, “Credit for Contributions to Qualifying Charitable Organizations” to claim your tax credit. Click here to access and download Form 321.


Q: What is the deadline for contributing this year?

A: The deadline for making a contribution that would apply to the 2019 tax year is April 15th.


Q: I currently use the Public Education Tax Credit. Can I use the Charitable Tax Credit as well? 

A: Yes, these two tax credits are independent. You can therefore take advantage of both the Public Education Tax Credit and the Charitable Tax Credit on the same tax return.


Q: Can I make my charitable donation using payroll deductions? 

A: Yes, you can make cash contributions through payroll deductions. Please consult with your employer to set up your payroll deduction. Your pay stub will act as proof of your donation.


Q: Does the Charitable Tax Credit also apply to my federal income tax returns? 

A: No. The Charitable Tax Credit only applies to your Arizona State income tax. 


Q: How do I document my contribution? 

A: For cash and credit card donations, you will receive a receipt from the Vietnamese Community Assistance Foundation documenting your donations (minimum donation amount may apply). If you select payroll deduction, you will receive a summary of your deductions the January following your payroll deduction period.


Q: How do I verify that the Vietnamese Community Assistance Foundation qualifies for the tax credit?

A: Visit the Arizona Department of Revenue website to see if an organization is a qualifying charity.